I just installed domoticz with the following setup:
- Raspberry Pi 3
- Raspbian Jessie, 2017-01-11
There are a couple of things to keep in mind, for the Razberry2 to work properly, especially with the later jessie releases:
- The serial port has to be turned ON
- Console on the serial port has to be turned OFF
- Bluetooth has to be disabled
- hciuart.service can optionally be disable (to get rid of an error message during boot)
So, the minor issue is that when you use “raspi-config” to turn off the serial console, it does not only turn off the console output on the serial port. It also turns off the serial port, which is not really what we want. That is why most people get a bit confused and fiddle around until they figure out that the “enable_uart=0” entry in /boot/configure.txt should be “enable_uart=1”, and never think of why it happened to be that way.
The “console output” to serial is configured in /boot/cmdline.txt with the entry “console=serial0,115200”, which we need to get rid of, but still make sure that there is no “enable_uart=0” in /boot/config.txt.
Unless you really want to, there is no need to redistribute the GPU RAM mapping.
So, a working setup (as of 2017-01-20) is:
- Create an SD card with 2017-01-11-raspbian-jessie.img
- Before you unmount it from your PC, change the following files on the SD card:
cat /boot/cmdline.txt dwc_otg.lpm_enable=0 console=tty1 root=/dev/mmcblk0p2 rootfstype=ext4 elevator=deadline fsck.repair=yes rootwait
- Boot the raspberry pi
- Disable the hciuart service
sudo systemctl stop hciuart sudo systemctl disable hciuart
- Ensure you have a /dev/ttyAMA0 file
ls -la /dev/ttyAMA0 crw-rw---- 1 root dialout 204, 64 Jan 20 08:19 /dev/ttyAMA0
- Install domoticz as described above by kent
mkdir ~/domoticz cd ~/domoticz wget https://releases.domoticz.com/releases/release/domoticz_linux_armv7l.tgz tar xvfz domoticz_linux_armv7l.tgz rm domoticz_linux_armv7l.tgz sudo cp domoticz.sh /etc/init.d sudo chmod +x /etc/init.d/domoticz.sh sudo update-rc.d domoticz.sh defaults sudo service domoticz.sh start
- Go to “Setup”->“Hardware”
- Add a OpenZWave USB device with the serial port: /dev/ttyAMA0